Includes Differential Carriers with:
· Drive-Controlled Differential Lock (DCDL)
· Pressurized Lube System (Oil pump and Filter)
· Aluminum carrier
· Parking brake
The Meritor Carrier Exchange Program
increases flexibility to sell trucks from dealer
stock. This program enables dealers to simply and
conveniently exchange Meritor carriers or
upgrade axles to include differential lock and/or a
pressurized lube system (oil pump and filter) on
Several important benefits of the program are:
· Axle ratio flexibility to help eliminate potential
differential lock (DCDL), a pressurized
lube system, and/or aluminum carrier, where
· Rapid response to customer ratio requirements;
· Reduced paperwork; and
· Full warranty on the exchanged carrier.
The program reduces and simplifies work.
Meritor ships to dealers a complete carrier,
less driveline yoke, ready to install. This helps to
significantly reduce installation time and expense.
A wide range of popular Meritor axle models
are available. The program is available only
through authorized OEM dealers and applies to
· New, untitled stock vehicles; for trucks with
more than 2500 miles, additional charges apply.
· Axle ratio changes;
· Axle upgrades to add DCDL, a pressurized
lube system (oil pump and filter), and/or aluminum
carrier, where available. Additional charges apply.
· Must have regional sales approval for orders on
five or more trucks. Additional charges apply.
The Carrier Exchange Program does not include
· TELMA and JACOB Retarder Carriers;
· No-Spin Differential Carriers*;
· Differential Carriers with Internal ABS Sensors;
· Two-Speed Carriers;
· Coach-Quality Carriers**
* No-Spin is a registered trademark of Dyneer
** Coach Quality units charged $500 per axle.
Delivery of Carriers
Delivery time is not guaranteed. All units are built to specs. Carriers will be shipped when they are available. You can cancel an order any time prior to shipment. Administration fee will not be refunded on cancelled CEP orders. For orders cancelled after shipment, a 15% restocking fee will apply and customer pays freight.
To submit a Carrier
Exchange work form, call Meritor Aftermarket in
· Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
(all 17-20 digits);
· Truck Manufacturer;
· Truck Axle Serial Number, Specification Number
· New Option (Upgrade) and/or Ratio Required;
· Name of Truck Buyer;
· Shipping/Billing Address;
· Freight Company Preference (required);
· Vehicle Mileage and License.
· Return carrier should be painted or chalked with
the CEP number assigned by an Meritor
representative at the time of order.
Please be advised that incomplete forms will cause a delay in processing your request.
An administration fee will be applied on all carriers shipped. The total cost including any upgrade or
special charges that may apply as well as the availability of the carriers can
be obtained by contacting Meritor Aftermarket in
· The carrier will be shipped freight collect. When
you receive the carrier, ship the exchanged unit freight prepaid, along with the CEP number (chalked onto unit and noted on the bill of lading) to the following address :
Carrier Exchange Program
ATTN: CEP Dept.
Page 2 TP-9273F
ATTN: CEP Department
Carrier Exchange Program
· Dealers will be responsible for labor or other
expenses incurred for removing and installing
· The exchanged carrier must be returned within
30 days of receipt of the new unit and must
meet “damage free” conditions;
· Dealers will be charged for damaged or used
carriers and incorrect model types;
· Exchanged carriers that are not returned are
billed to the dealer at the new carrier’s full price;
· Dealers may be assessed a charge on
carriers if they are returned but cannot be identified because CEP number is not painted/chalked onto carrier and provided on the bill of lading;
· Any upgrade charges will be billed through the
· Failure to conform to these guidelines will result
in a dealer being disqualified from the program.